Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Ovalteenies

Santina is really addicted to Ovalteenies. I have to keep asking my mom who lives in CA to buy her Ovalteenies. She buys us the boxes & San goes through them pretty quickly. They are pretty good. James friend Max is also now addicted to it and have to hide the rest of the Ovalteenies when he's over or he'll go through several packets of them.
from wikipedia: Ovalteenies are round sweets made of compressed ovaltine. They are popular with children in Australia. At one point faces were imprinted onto the candies. They are still sold in many canteens in Australian schools.

Now if I can only get my hands on some Horlicks tablets, I loved it when I was little, esp. the chocolate flavor ones. It's not that easy to find & pretty pricey to get online but maybe I'll order some soon for the nostalgia kick.
wikipedia: Horlicks is the name of a company and a malted milk hot drink claimed to promote sleep when drunk at bedtime. It is manufactured by GlaxoSmithKline in the United Kingdom, India and Jamaica. In some countries, such as the Philippines and Malaysia, Horlicks was also sold as milky-chocolate-flavored disks in paper packets, which were then eaten as candy.

And of course I still love Nestle Milo, it used to come with little wrapped toys or games inside them and my brother and I will always try to get to it first. I also just love to eat the mix & not necessarily mix it in a drink form. The reason I got addicted to Java Chip Frappaccino with malt last summer was because it tasted so much like Milo. mmmm.

wikipedia: Milo is a milk beverage with chocolate and malt, produced by Nestlé and originating from Australia. Milo is supposedly high in energy, because the drink has 1,760 kJ in every 100 g of the drink. It is also for this reason that it is also marketed as the "Energy Food Drink". It is also supposed to have a low Glycemic Index (GI), that is, "33 made with whole milk, 36 made with reduced fat milk". This lets the energy stored in Milo be released slowly throughout the day. The Milo website states that the drink "is high in calcium, iron and the vitamins B1, 2, 6, 12."

No comments: