Monday, September 10, 2007

Greece Day 1

Okay so here's the short but sweet update:

Wed. Aug 22, Brian, James, Santina and I got on the plane at 7am, landed in Newark, NJ around 3:30ish, got on another plane with the rest of Brian's family around 5:30ish, got to Athens I think around noon (?) the 23rd, got on another plane for another hour to finally get to Crete.

Shortly after checking in at the Blue Palace Resort & Spa in Elounda, we all went out (minus Brian's sis Paula- she snoozed instead) to get lunch in town , checked out one of the grocery stores then headed back to the hotel and hit the main floor pool.

You can see the pictures here.

I think we were in bed around 9:00pm or so, trying to fight the jetlag and get into Greece time.

UPDATE:

Everyone is asking me how did the kids do on the long plane rides so here's the answer:
I'm one of the lucky ones. My kids were well behaved. James is 11 so he can keep himself busy. Santina is 4 and she did damn great! No complaints from her. She was fine watching the same movies & cartoons over & over & over. The rest of the time, she kept herself busy with her DS or playing with her doll or snoozing. She didnt need to be walked up & down the entire lenght of the plane or had to be hushed to be quiet because everyone else is trying to get some z's. And NO I didnt need to give her Benadryl or coughing syrup to get her to fall asleep. All I had to do was tell her to try & get some sleep & she did.

No comments: